Insurance is something we all need but rarely review, shop or compare. We set it up and forget about it until we need it. Here are a few tips to help save:
- Bundle home / auto – whether you rent or own, having all policies with one company will provide a multi-policy discount.
- Good grades – if your teenage driver has a solid GPA, several carriers will offer a good grade discount.
- Increase deductibles – increasing deductibles can lower the annual premium.
- Good driver – good driver discounts are available for safe drivers (no accidents / tickets).
- Smaller vehicle vs larger vehicle – driving a smaller SUV or Hybrid vehicle can lower costly premiums (double tip: smaller vehicle = lower monthly payment = lower insurance payment)
Taking the time to call your insurance agent, and a few other insurance agencies, will ensure that you have the best coverage at the best price.